Sunday, October 26, 2014

Keto Chicken Parmesan

Keto can be so delicious. Keto can be so easy. When I came across this delicious and easy chicken parmesan recipe, I knew that it was another keto miracle waiting to happen. I had never been so right in my life.

http://www.mykitchenescapades.com/2012/07/parmesan-chicken-bake.html

When I tried it earlier this weekend, it was so unbelievably mouthgasmic that I made it again today, doubling the portions for my lunch this week. I will literally be eating this 7 days in a row and I don't anticipate getting bored of it.

I tweaked the recipe a bit, namely using 3 (gargantuan) chicken breasts pounded thin, and playing with the mayo:parmesan cheese ratio. The secret is to have more cheese than mayo, since it's the cheese that gets nice and baked into that beautiful golden crust.

The ingredients:

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (roughly 2 lbs)
1/2 Cup Hellman's mayonaise
5/8 c shredded parmesan cheese
Garlic salt to taste

Optional:
3/4 cup Rao's Homemade Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
6 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese

First I pounded the chicken breast with a meat mallet into thinner, and more even pieces (much to the bewilderment of my vegetarian roommate from India who couldn't fathom why you had to beat a piece of meat even after it's clearly dead.) 
Mix together the mayo, cheese, and salt and spread it evenly over the breasts in a baking pan


Bake at 390 for 40 minutes, longer if the breasts are thicker/not pounded thin. The chicken should be a glorious golden, cheesy color.


You can enjoy as is, but I topped each breast with 1/4 cup of marinara sauce, 2 oz of mozzarella cheese each, and broiled it (500) until the mozzarella was melted. 
The closest thing I've seen of proof that there is a God and that He loves us. He's also probably therefore Italian.
I had mine with a simple Caesar salad. So ridiculously easy, so ridiculously good. 


Each serving of chicken (half a breast) I calculated to be 427 calories and 1.6 net carbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment